Spay & Neuter Resources
SFOF Community Feline Spay & Neuter Clinic
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE & UNDERSTANDING AS THE DEMAND FOR SURGERY APPOINTMENTS CONTINUES TO BE VERY HIGH.
Surgery appointments are scheduled by contacting the adoption center at 503-362-5611 during normal business hours or by emailing the surgery coordinator at email@example.com.
The SFOF Community Spay & Neuter Clinic offers affordable sterilization rates for cats (by appointment only). A physical exam, pain medication and a complimentary nail trim is included in the surgery fees listed below.
- A NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $90 for females and $70 for males is due at the time of appointment scheduling and is NON-REFUNDABLE if you no-call/no-show to your appointment; rescheduling your surgery will not require an additional deposit, but we may not be able to reschedule your cat or kitten right away.
- Male Cat Neuter: $70
- Female Cat Spay: $90
- See below for our Income-Based Assistance Program (proof of government assistance required to qualify for reduced surgery fees)
ADDITIONAL ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR SURGERY PATIENTS
Our SFOF Community Feline Spay & Neuter Clinic also offers the following services for cats & kittens at the time of surgery:
- FVRCP (upper respiratory viruses/Panleukopenia) vaccine: Provided at no cost thanks to a generous donation from the Petco Love Foundation
- Revolution topical flea treatment: $10.00
- FIV (Feline Immunodeficiency Virus)/FeLV (Feline Leukemia) test: $25.00
- Profender topical dewormer: $15.00
- Rabies vaccine: $15.00
- Microchip (including registration): $20.00
REQUIREMENTS FOR SURGERY
- All cats must be at least 2 months old and healthy at the time of surgery to be admitted for surgery.
- If you think your female cat could be in heat, pregnant or is nursing kittens, please tell us when scheduling your appointment. There are no additional fees for being in heat or pregnant and surgery can move forward at the discretion of the Veterinarian if the animal is in heat, pregnant or is nursing kittens.
- We perform a limited amount of SURGERIES FOR FERAL CATS on pre-determined days of the week. Please see below for additional feral cat resources or contact the surgery scheduler at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info regarding scheduling of feral cats in traps.
- ALL FERAL CATS MUST ARRIVE IN A HUMANE CAT TRAP, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is for the safety of staff and the cat.
- Every socialized cat or kitten MUST ARRIVE IN THEIR OWN SECURE CAT CARRIER (No doubling up in carriers). Hard carriers are preferred to soft carriers.
- We will not perform surgery on sick animals or any animals with active ringworm lesions. There are no exceptions to this policy. Please let us know if your cat or kitten is or has been sick recently when scheduling your appointment.
FERAL CATS AND TNR RESOURCES
- SFOF schedules appointments for TNR (feral cats) on a limited basis and ONLY on pre-determined surgery days.
- Feral cats MUST arrive for their appointments in a HUMANE CAT TRAP. NO EXCEPTIONS as this is for the safety of the cats and our staff.
- Feral Cats DO NOT QUALIFY FOR LOW COST VOUCHER PROGRAM.
- The SFOF Feral Cat Package Fee is $90.00 and includes the following;
- Head to tail physical exam by the Veterinarian
- Spay or neuter surgery (with absorbable sutures for females)
- Rabies vaccine
- FVRCP vaccine
- Broad-spectrum topical dewormer (Profender)
- Topical flea treatment (Revolution)
- Ear tip
- Absorbable sutures (for females)
- For information about LOW-COST OR FREE FERAL CAT services click here for Feral Cat Resources from Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon.
- Please visit Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon and Oregon Humane Society for more information about feral cat services. Please note that due to high-demand, services at FCCO and OHS may be booked out 3 months or more and there may not be a waitlist open.
SFOF INCOME-BASED SPAY & NEUTER ASSISTANCE
IMPORTANT NOTE: The SFOF low-cost feline spay & neuter voucher program will be phased out beginning March 1st, 2023. We’d like to thank the many local veterinary clinics that participated in our program for over 10 years as they helped to spay and neuter thousands of cats and kittens.
WHAT IF I ALREADY HAVE AN APPOINTMENT AT A PARTICIPATING CLINIC?
If you already have a scheduled appointment for surgery at one of the participating veterinary clinics, please visit our adoption center during normal business hours to collect the printed voucher by March 31st, 2023. No new vouchers will be issued after that date. The expiration date on the vouchers issued through March 31st, 2023 will be set to 1 week after your scheduled surgery date.
WILL THERE BE A DIFFERENT INCOME-BASED PROGRAM OFFERED?
Yes! SFOF has our own on-site Community High-Volume, High-Quality Feline Spay & Neuter Clinic that will continue to offer surgeries at a reduced fee for cat owners that are currently enrolled in select government assistance programs (see below for details).
WHAT FORMS OF GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE DO YOU ACCEPT?
The current list of government programs that qualify clients for the SFOF program are as follows; Oregon WIC, Oregon HUD and Oregon State or Federal Disability income. If your government assistance program is not listed here please click this link for the Oregon Humane Society- Spay & Neuter Clinic for more information about their low-cost spay & neuter assistance options.
IF I QUALIFY FOR THE SFOF INCOME-BASED, REDUCED FEES WHAT WILL SURGERY COST AT SFOF?
The feline neuter surgery will cost $15.00 and the feline spay surgery will cost $20.00. Additional wellness items are available at the time of surgery, those additional fees are listed above.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR SURGERY FOR MY CAT?
Please contact our surgery coordinator at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.