SFOF Spay & Neuter Resources
SFOF Spay & Neuter Clinic
The SFOF Spay & Neuter Clinic offers affordable sterilization rates for OWNED cats (by appointment only). Appointments are limited at this time due to very limited staffing. A physical exam, pain medication and a complimentary nail trim is included in the surgery fees listed below.
- Male Cat Neuter: $50 ($10, with proof of government assistance)
- Female Cat Spay: $70 ($15, with proof of government assistance)
Our SFOF Spay & Neuter Clinic also offers the following services for cats & kittens at the time of surgery:
- FVRCP Vaccine: $10
- Revolution: $10
- FeLV/FIV Test: $25
- Topical dewormer: $15
- Rabies Vaccine: $15
Please note! The Salem Friends of Felines Spay & Neuter Clinic requires the following:
- All cats must be at least 3 months old, but younger than seven years old and healthy at the time of surgery.
- A deposit ($70 for females and $50 for males) is due at the time of appointment scheduling and is NOT REFUNDABLE if you miss your appointment, rescheduling your surgery will not require an additional deposit, but we may not be able to reschedule your cat or kitten right away.
- All animals we perform surgery on will receive a very small tattooed line on their abdomen and is not optional.
- If you think your female cat could be in heat, pregnant or is lactating, please tell us at the time you schedule your appointment. It does NOT cost anything additional for these conditions listed above and surgery can move forward at the discretion of the Veterinarian.
- WE CURRENTLY DO NOT PERFORM SURGERIES FOR FERAL CATS IN TRAPS. Please see below for feral cat resources.
Requirements to utilize our SFOF Spay & Neuter Clinic services:
- Reside in Marion, Polk or Linn counties- need to show valid ID.
- Every cat or kitten MUST ARRIVE IN A SECURE CAT CARRIER. No exceptions.
- Cat is owned by you- for feral cat resources contact the Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon and Willamette Humane Society at www.whs4pets.com for more information.
SFOF LOW-COST SPAY & NEUTER ASSISTANCE VOUCHERS
6.21.22 IMPORTANT UPDATE: The SFOF low-cost spay & neuter voucher program is now LIMITED TO THOSE ON GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE.
What forms of government assistance do you accept?
The current list of programs that qualify clients for the SFOF low-cost vouchers are: Oregon Health Plan, Medicaid, SNAP, housing assistance (such as Section 8), Woman Infant Child (WIC) Nutrition Program, Social Security benefits, and unemployment benefits. Is your government assistance program not listed here? Please call us at 503-362-5611 for additional information.
Low-Cost spay & neuter vouchers are valid for 120 days and most of our participating vet clinics are booked out 3-4 months at this time, so once the voucher is issued please call a participating vet clinic ASAP so the voucher doesn’t expire before surgery can be done.
The voucher issue fee is $5.00 paid to SFOF at the time of issue and covers our administrative costs.
Fees that are paid to the veterinarian for the spay or neuter:
Neuter surgery- $10.00
Spay surgery- $15.00
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE VETERINARY HOSPITAL MAY OFFER ADDITIONAL SERVICES THAT ARE NOT COVERED BY SFOF! These items include, but are not limited to the following; EXAM FEES*, vaccines, pre-operative blood work, flea control, deworming, microchipping, etc.
*A PHYSICAL EXAM IS REQUIRED TO BE PERFORMED BY THE VET, THIS IS OREGON LAW.
PLEASE ASK ABOUT ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES THAT MAY APPLY PRIOR TO SCHEDULING SURGERY WITH THAT HOSPITAL. SFOF WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS.